|Yalama Seashore - popular resort zone of Azerbaijan|
Nabran village is situated on the shore of the Caspian Sea not far from Khudat city in Azerbaijan. The village was founded by Russian colonists in 1900. The village’s name presumably originated from the Russian word “nabirat’” (recruit). The Russian Emperor ordered to recruit people to this village to fish sturgeons for imperial cuisine. This is how the name of that settlement originated. Fishery was the main kind of activity of its residents up to the 70-s of the XX centuries.
Nabran’ earned fame owing to its resort zone located around the village. The resort zone is surrounded with the most beautiful relict forests which considered one of the main sights of this locality and referred to as Yalama Seashore.
The township itself is located in the midst of a beautiful wood with elm trees and beeches, as well as very old oaks growing there. The woods are inhabited with various animals and birds: raccoons, boars, deers, hares, jay birds, owls and other interesting representatives of fauna. One of the main advantages of this resort is not only its natural and geographic conditions but also the fact that Yalama Seashore is rich with reserves of hydrosulphuric underground sources which are an efficient means to treat many diseases. These sources form a belt of wetlands which separates the Nabran village from a beach.
Today, it is a large resort zone occupied by hotels, boarding houses and private cottages. Tourists from all over the world come there since it is one of the places where they can vary their rest. Yalama Seashore has all the conditions for holiday-makers of any age to have excellent pastime. There are also entertainment centers for children, numerous disco-bars for the youth as well as cozy and quiet boarding houses for elder generation. In addition, not far from the village there is Aqua Park and sports complex, while the vicinity to the Caspian Sea and moderate climate, which holds almost the whole year, make this resort zone be one of the most visited places in Azerbaijan.
|Khudat – Khachmaz – Yalama seashore|
Routes of tourist-excursion trips of holiday (1-3-day’s)
Departure at 9.00 from Baku in Northern region / 200-230 km. / by route:
a) Baku – Khyrdalan – Sumgait – H.Zeynalabdin – Kilezi – Sitalchay – Zarat – Natural boundary of Beshbarmag – Siyazan – Devechi – Gyandov – Agalyg (former Beynalmilal) – Tezekend forest tract – Khachmaz – Khachmaz forest tract – Naradjan – Palchigoba – Gusarchay railway station – Khudat forest tract (190 km on highway of II-III category – about 3-4 hours);
b) Khudat – coast of the Caspian Sea – Mukhtadir – Ashagyoba – Mesheli – Dalgaly – Nabran – Guneshli – Dostlug – Shimal – Khazar – Tourist (30 km on highway of III category – up to 1 hour).
c) Arrival (13.00-14.00) on Yalama seashore and rest in one of tourist complexes, in a wood or at seaside of Caspian Sea (about 5 hours)
d) Returning to Baku (17.00-18.00 up to 21.00-22.00)
1st day – Departure city in Northern region (on a route of the previous 1-day’s tour) by the choice of tourists, excursions can be lead:
- To a place of archeological excavations on a site of ancient “Shabran” settlement;
- On lake at Gulalan settlement;
- Short sightseeing tour (till 1 o\'clock) in Khachmaz city.
- Arrival on Yalama seashore and accommodation in one of the recreation zones (by the choice of tourists and preliminary reservation places in Baku).
2nd day – Tourist rest at coast of Caspian Sea, in aqua parks or in woodland of Yalama wood summer residence (at wish of tourists, the tourist actions on productive leisure can be lead in a wood and on water).
- Returning to Baku (16.00 – 20.00)
1st day – by the program of 2-day’s tour.
2nd day - Tourist-excursion rest on Yalama seashore (at wish of tourists, it is possible carrying out of others tourist actions both in Khachmaz, and in Guba-Gusar regions)
3rd day - Continuation of tourist rest at Caspian Sea.
- Returning to Baku (in coordination with tourist group)
Under applications of tourists and the various organizations, it is possible to carrying out lasting many days’ tourist, including family rest, and also mass tourist and sports actions in area of an arrangement of various tourist complexes and recreation zones in Khachmaz-Khudat region.
- The pedestrian walks (1-3 hours) in vicinities of places of accommodation and rest on Yalama seashore and in woodland of Yalama wood summer residence.
- Foot campaigns (trackings) and travel (1-3 days) in territories of Tezekend, Khachmaz, Khudat and Yalama forests tracts.
- Walks, trainings and competitions by sport orientation with a compass and a card-scheme on the ranges are located in forest tract:
- Khachmaz forest (Yekaterinovka and Akhmedbulag).
- Khudat forest (an artesian source at 6th Branch, Perdegiran and Lejet).
- Yalama forest (Selimoba, Tel, Khazar, Shimal, Dostlug and Nabran).