Masally city – another administrative center of the Talysh-Mugan region. An ancient tribe called Masal lived here, which led to the modern name of the city. In the mountains here there is a mineral source called Istisu, whose water is a source of healing. Come here for treatment and relaxation- the place is very beautiful, with a waterfall of thermal water and a suspension bridge.
|Direction and distance from Baku in km.|
Distance: Baku - Masally = about 247 km
|What to visit|
Monuments of history and architecture
- The main mosque " Masally meschidi " XIX c .
- The ancient city Banja XIX c .
- Mausoleum XIX c . "Baba Amir tyurbyasi "
- The ruins of the fortress " Arkivan Gala” / " Dyasht Vendam ",
“Sirli gala » / IX-X c.c .
- Old mill "Peace Baba deirmany " / XIX c . /
|Masally region (30 excursion routes and objects)|
1. Sightseeing tour (2 hours) throughout Masally city, including the survey of ancient architectural monuments:
- The main cathedral mosque “Masally meschidi” of ХIХ century;
- A mosque “Seybetin” of ХIХ century;
- A mosque “Digeh” of ХIХ century;
- A mosque “Dadva” of ХIХ century;
- Ancient city Bath of ХIХ century.
2. Ethnographic excursion in talysh settlements Boradigyah and Khyshgedere with survey of monuments of history and architecture:
a) Boradigyah settlement (the channel “Khajy Makhmud arkhy”, places of worship-sanctuary “Imam-back”, “Gerib Seyid”, “Seyid Gyzy”, the inhabited house-architectural monument of ХIХ century “Khajy Mir-Aga”, and also a place of medieval settlement-site of ancient settlement “Zeyni” of XII century and mosques “Sygdash” of ХIХ century, “Khanaliyan” of ХIХ century, “Gedirli” (1853-1854);
b) Settlement Khyhgedere (a museum of History and Material culture of talysh people, the mausoleum “Nezeri Khanym” of XIV century equipped spring-“bulag” of ХIХ century, mosque of ХIХ century, a medieval cemetery “Ali Mehemmed Shakh”.
3. Historical, architectural and archeologic monuments in Mahmudavar settlement:
- Ruins of “Turk Yeri” fortress / XI в./;
- A place of archeological excavations on “Zagon” barrow (the Middle Ages);
- A medieval cemetery and the mausoleum “Baba Seyid Aga” (XVI century);
- Ruins of “Makhmudavar Galasy” fortress (the Middle Ages);
- A mosque and a bath / ХIХ century/.
4. Excursion on Vilashchay reservuare (area of Isi and Geribler settlements) and in gorge of Vilashchay river.
5. Excursion in a recreation zone “Istisu” on the right part of Vilashchay river’s gorge.
6. Excursion in Gyzylagaj reserve (in area of Gyzylagaj settlement), then visiting of “Gyzyl Agaj” sanctuary and survey the architectural sights of ХIХ century.
7. The rests of a rampart and defensive-observant posts of a medieval fortress “Shakhriyar Galasy” at Shekhriyar settlement.
8. Ruins of a medieval fortress “Chikhyrly Galasy” to the west from Chakhyrly settlement, and Mosque of ХIХ century.
9. A mosque (ХIХ century) and the Bath (beginning of XX century) in Sharafa settlement.
10. The rests of a medieval fortress “Gala Yeri” / X century / in Gezvinoba settlement, then Mosque of ХIХ century.
11. Mausoleum of ХIХ century “Baba Emir turbesi” between Gullu tepe and Alvady settlements.
12. Monuments of architecture in Gysymly settlement:
- Memorial equipped spring-“bulag” / ХIХ century/;
- A mosque of 1853-1854;
- Baths of ХIХ century.
13. A mosque / ХIХ century / and equipped memorial spring-“bulag” /ХIХ c. / in Yeddi Oumag settlement.
14. Architectural monuments in Arkivan (Erkivan) settlement:
- Ruins of “Arkivan gala” fortress / “Deshtvend”, “Sirli Gala” / of IX-X centuries;
- A sanctuary-pir “Seyid Sadig megberesi”;
- Mosque of ХIХ century;
- Equipped memorial springs of ХIХ century (“Khan Bulagy”, “Mehdi Bulagy”, “Rasazan Bulagy”, “Gylakuche Bulagy”).
15. “Gargalyg” mosque / ХIХ century / and an ancient mill “Mir-Baba Deyirmany” / ХIХ century / in Banbashi settlement.
16. Ruins of “Kangly” fortress / XII century / and Mosque / ХIХ century / in Bedelan settlement.
17. The rests of “Gyz Galasy” fortress / ХIХ century / and the Mosque / ХIХ century / in Geribler settlement.
18. The mausoleum “Pirzebe” /the Middle Ages / and the Mosque / ХIХ century / in Shihlar settlement.
19. Ruins of “Onjekele” fortress /the Middle Ages / and the Mosque / ХIХ century in Onjekele settlement.
20. The mausoleum “Murseli ojagy” / ХIХ century / and the Mosque / ХIХ century / in Syhdash settlement.
21. Ruins of “Sehhet Galasy” fortress / the Middle Ages /.
22. The mausoleum “Baba Semed turbesi” / the Middle Ages / and the Mosque / ХIХ century / in Rudekenar settlement.
23. Ruins of “Babek Galasy” fortress / IX century / in Yol agajy settlement.
24. The rests of “Molla Galasy” fortress / XVI-XVII centuries / in Kegne Alvadi settlement.
25. The mausoleum “Gerib Seyeddin turbesi” /the Middle Ages / and the Mosque / ХIХ century / in Shatyroba settlement.
26. Mosques of ХIХ century in other settlements of Masally region:
- Gyzyl avar - Teze Alvadi
- Memmed oba - Akhmedly
- Sherefe - Luren
- Bala Tekle - Gyoya Chyol
- Kelve khuseynli - Musa kuche
- Khesenli - Tatyan oba
- Khyrman daly - Gargalyg
- Arab (Ereb)/ - Khuseyn Khajyly
- Khajy Tepe - Tezekend
- Serchuvar - Godman
- Sirevil - Beyuk Kolatan
- Khynaly Yan - Chay Dyrag
- Khyl - Demirchi
- Tekle - Turk oba
27. Craft manufacture in Masally region (manufacturing of cane carpets “Khesir”, and the various products from tree).
28. Visiting of the Trade fair and East Market in Masally region.
29. Culinary excursion “Levengi” in one of the restaurants of Masally region.
30. Visiting of the arranged well modern recreation zone “Deshtvend”, with a small menagerie, flower beds and artificial lakes between Arkivan and Geribli settlements.
- Reservoir in the valley of the Vileshchay river
- Recreational area " Istisu " and thermal mineral spring (t =+68 ° C)
-“Gizilagaj” natural reserve