In ancient times this territory was part of the state of Caucasian Albania - one of early state institutions (Manna, Media, Atropatena, Caucasian Albania). Like other Azerbaijanis in ancient times, the people of this region were Zoroastrians (fire-worshipers), later adopted (in the first centuries AD) Christianity and after the conquest of the territory by the Arab Caliphate in VII century to the present time the majority of Muslims.
Winter temperature does not drop below +2 C. heat, and summer rarely rises above +25 C. The climate in the district is different: there is an area with a temperate climate, there are some semi-desert regions. It is these differences caused distant-pasture sheep breeding region. The district also runs the river Khachin .
Terter city - adiministrativny center of Terter region. It is located for distance from Baku - 332 km. In addition to livestock and agriculture, as well ancient crafts - carpet weaving, knitting and embroidery. The city is located on the ancient caravan route, its historical name - Chaparhana. Nearby there are a number of architectural objects: in the villages of Terter, Kangarli, Garadagli, Gaynag, Azad Garagoyunlu.
1. Mosque In the city of Terter
2. The archaeological site of the ancient settlement "Tohmahtepya" (middle and end of the period of bronze) 1.5 km. south of Terter cotton refinery
3. Architectural and archaeological sites in the village Azad Garagoyunlu:
- Old building hospitals
- An ancient settlement
4. The architectural structures in other localities area:
- Mausoleum (1 in.) In the village Kyangyarli
- Mosque (1 in.) In the village Garadagli
- Mosque (1 in.) In the village Gaynag
- Buzhana / ice storage / (1 in.) In the village Dzhyamili
5. A group of ancient burial mounds (the period of bronze) and medieval settlement "Gyullyutepya" in the village Evoglu
6. The archaeological excavations at the ancient burial mounds (the period of bronze-early iron period) near the village of Sarov Byayim
7. Ancient necropolis and burial mounds (the beginning of the Bronze Age and the beginning of the period of iron) near the village of Dyamirchilyar