Shirvan - a city in Azerbaijan (until 2008 known as Ali Bayramli);
Shirvan city of republican subordination (since 1954) on the Shirvan plain, a marina on the river Kura.
Prior to 2008, it called Ali Bayramli population - 75.2 thousand. People (2012)
Shirvan city is an important railway point. In Shirvan city existing enterprises engineering, light and food industries. Near Shirvan are producing oil. Fuel and energy complex as a whole has been and remains the backbone of the city. As before and today about 90% of gross production in the city accounted for by this sector. Transformation to the one of the modern industrial center of Azerbaijan the city obliged to oil production.
Shirvan - is also a historical region of the Caucasus. Through it passed the famous Great Silk caravan route.
The main advantage of Shirvan - the magnificent nature. Located near Shirvan National Park, created to protect gazelles - a mammal of the family of gazelles, which once inhabited the territory of Azerbaijan, but in our time were almost exterminated. Now Shirvan National Park also created the conditions for the protection of waterfowl. The National Park organizes tours to learn about the distinctive nature of this region.
|Tours and excursions|
1. A sightseeing tour (2-3 hours) of Shirvan city with a visit to the local history museum and the remains of the world's first river ship "Mercury" from the river pier
2. Tour of Shirvan National Park (central manor - near the village Enikyand) - save location antelope populations - "gazelles"
3. River boat trips on the river Kur /r.Kura /
4. Excursion to the oilfields NGDU "Shirvanneft" mud volcanoes near Big Mishov dag / 292 m. / Small and Mishov dag / 249 m. /
5. Excursion to the Shirvan power station (the first in Azerbaijan TPP in the open, powered by natural gas)
6. Excursion to the oilfields, located southeast of the city of Shirvan
7. Combined (river-walking tour boat) environmental excursion to Tugai / riparian / wooded areas on the left bank of the river Kur /r.Kura / Agadzhanly near the village, up the river, to the north-west of the city on the border with Shirvan Kyurdyamirskim area
8. The archaeological site of the ancient necropolis / disposal / (Late Bronze Age - beginning of the period of iron), south of the city of Shirvan
9. The archaeological excavations at the medieval settlement "Girkh Chyrah" on the border with the district Salianskim
10. Ecological excursion to the southern shore of Lake Hajigabul.