Tourist region Plain Shirvan covers Garadagh, Hajigabul, Saatli, Sabirabad, administrative regions and the city of Shirvan (Ali Bayramli in the past). The region has favorable economic and geographical position. Favorable natural conditions for living have played an important role in the resettlement of residents. The average population density in the region - 78 persons per sq.km.
The main underground resources of economic region are oil, natural gas, iodine and bromine water , various building material. The area has both underground and ground-based fuel and energy sources, relatively developed industry. Industrial area is concentrated mainly in Shirvan city- the centers of administrative districts operate the food industry. Along with this important sector of light industry is the production of artificial leather (Shirvan). The food industry in the region is based on processing of fruits and vegetables (Sabirabad), canned fish, meat and dairy products and animal products.
The area is located on the main transport routes (railways and highways) of republican importance. Through the territory of the region are transport links connecting the city of Baku with the main economic regions of the country, Georgia, Iran and Turkey. The recent increase in international cargo transportation increased the importance of these roads.
On the territory of this region is full of mud volcanoes, sulfur springs, therapeutic mud, the northern part of Shirvan National Park, which makes the region attractive in terms of tourism.
|Alat (General information)|
Alat - urban-type settlement in the administrative authority of Garadagh district of Baku. In the village of the same name located railway station (node lines on Shirvan, Baku and Gajigabul).
The status of urban-type settlements Alat has been assigned since 1935. Until 1960 it was called the Alat-Pier. The population - 10 600.
Today, production association "Azneft" (SOCAR ) is working on the reconstruction of the mining and transport infrastructure in the old offshore "Alat- Deniz" and "Bulla-Deniz" .On the field "Alat-Deniz" is planned to build and deliver commissioned a new 6-inch pipeline between the offshore platform to improve the mode of operation of wells operated by gas lift. The field "Bulla-Deniz" field was discovered by Azerbaijani oil workers in 1973 as a result of exploration work conducted in the northern part of the Baku archipelago. It is located 60 km south-east of Baku (from the coast to 15 km) and put into commercial operation in 1975. The field "Alat-Deniz" is developed since 1986. The development of oil and gas fields has been managing "Bulla-Deniz" in the fund is about 30 wells.
Currently under construction in the international sea port, logistics center and the airport will turn into a full settlement of Alat city. The action plan implemented in Alat settlement will solve a number of issues directly related to the formation of a modern infrastructure.
Opening of a new ferry terminal in the port complex Alat has already taken place. The total area of the port - 400 hectares. Construction on the first phase of the port complex to be handled 10 million tons of cargo and 40 thousand containers, the second - 17 million tons of cargo and 150 thousand containers, and then the terminal will reach the planned figures: 25 million tons of cargo and 1 million containers.
|Аlat (9 excursion routes)|
1. The combined excursion to a place of display of mud voulcano (griffins and salza) on Dashgil mountain /89 m /, and also to pagan-temple of sanctuary of local piligrims “Pir Gara atly” and in historical-art reserve on open-air “Gobustan” (Beyukdag /295 m/, Kichik dag /176 m /, Jingirdag / 228 m / mountains, Yazyly hill /96 m/, mud volcano of Kegnizedag /397 m / and others)
2. Combined (auto-foot) on the highest mud volcano of Gobustan-Absheron region – Touragaj mountain /399 m /.
3. Excursion on a mud volcano to Hamamdag / 58 m / (there are natural outputs of grey-hydrogen sources and medical dirts – places of ancient national medical baths) on Pirsagat cape.
4. Mud volcanos: - Goturdag / 202 m /.
5. Mud volcanos Bozdag / 120 m / and the Harel mountain /3 m / in area of a confluence of Caspian sea of Main Shirvan irrigating collector.
6. The combined excursion on mud volcano Bendovan /47 m /, and also to places of archeological excavations on Caspian sea coast at Bendovan cape (presumably, medieval site of ancient settlement Mukan / IX-XII c./).
7. Excursion on mud volcano Kalmas / Galmaz /198 m/and oil fields “Shirvanneft”.
8. Mud volcano Kursenge /83 m / (most southern of large volcanos of the given region).
9. Sea ecology-ornithological excursion on Alat islands ridge (isle “Sredniy Kamen” (“An average Stone”) / Orta Dash /, isle “Vnutrenniy Kamen” (“An internal Stone”) / “Dakhili Dash” / and other small islands.