How to get
By bus - Scheduled bus Baku-Bilasuvar.
Bilasuvar district being allocated in the west is bounded with Iran. Climate in the region is hot, dry. District is known as cotton area. Except for cotton in economy of the district, privileged place are occupied with cereal livestock.
There are different origin versions of Bilasuvar name to exist. By one of versions, this is a place of fighting of two joined tribes "bilyars" and "suvars" against the enemy, by fusion of which it was formed the name of terrain. By another one's - the name has had origin taken from word combination "burda su var", which means, "here is water".
Upon ancient origin the area, it reminds monuments of history - Shakhriyar fortress, Agdam tower, Toragay and Nargiz hills, concealing a lot of undisclosed secretes of the past.
|Bilasuvar (12 excursion routes)|
1. A sightseeing tour (1 hour) in Bilasuvar city (a former Pushkin settlement).
2. Excursion on sturgeon fish-farming factory in area of Khyly / Hil settlement on Kura river.
3. Excursion to a place of archeological excavations on a site of ancient settlement “Gyrkh Chirag” at Geytepe hill (1,4 m).
4. Salty lake in Saksaul tract.
5. Excursion to a place of display of mud volcanism (griffins, salza, outputs of oil and springs with sulfuric water) in tract “Mountain-Babazanly” and to salty lake Duzdag.
6. Ethnographic excursion in former settlements of Russian settlers in Bilasuvar region: Novo Mikhaylovka, Konstantinovka, Arkhangelovka, Tatyanovka, Fioletovka, Novo Troitskoye, Kirovka, Narimanovka.
7. A complex auto-walking tour to the places of archeological excavations on ruins of defensive posts and a medieval fortress (3 sites) “Shakhriyar” in area of a confluence of channel “Geurarkh” and Bolgarchay river at Agalykend settlement and the rests of “Shakhriyar-Garalek” fortress between the channel named after Azizbekov and Iran.
8. A place of medieval settlement-site of ancient settlement “Shakhriyar tepe” at Narimankend / Narimanovka settlement in Bilasuvar region.
9. A complex auto-walking tour to ruins of a medieval fortress in “Krepost” (“Fortress”) tract at Semyonovka / Gyzylkend settlement.
10. Acquaintance with a life and an ethnographic way of life of Russian settlers in Suvorovka / Khaji Rustemli /, Poltavka / Aranly / Semyonovka /Gyzylkend settlements in Bilasuvar region.. Bolgarchay water reservuare.
- A medieval site of ancient settlement and cemetery at Kur Garabujag settlement.
- A medieval site of ancient settlement “Khol Garabujag” at Khol Garabujag settlement.
11. Medieval sites of ancient settlement (a place of ancient settlements) “Babajan” II.
12. Places of archeological excavations on ruins of a medieval fortress “Agdam Galasy”.