How to get
By bus - Scheduled bus Baku-Agdash - 6 hours
Agdash district occupies the territory of nothern-western part of Shirvan plain. Through the area, it is passed one of the most railroad routes of the country, Baku- Tbilisi. Along the Agdash area territory, there are Top-Shivan and Main Shirvan channels are passing.
Among ruvers of Alinjachay and Turianchay, it is allocated the biggest part of Turianchay national park. In that reserve, it is vested massive of valued dry stable types of trees, including the famous Eldar pine tree. Out of history monuments in the area, it is served remains of Sukkhay fortress of XVIII century, among villages of arab and Kukel, in 30 km to east from area center, as well as caravanserai XVIII century.
| Agdash regions (13 excurion routes)
1. A sightseeing tour throughout Agdash city, with visiting a local lore museum (a building of a museum – architectural monument of ХIХ century).
2. Architectural monuments in Agdash region:
- A building of musical school (1904);
- A building of city library (1904);
- A mosque “Khajy Mehemmed Aga” (ХIХ century);
- A mosque “Khajy Osman” (ХIХ century);
- A mosque “Gyzylbashlar” (1891);
- A mosque “Khajy Bedel Efendi” (ХIХ century);
- Caravanserai / coaching inn / (ХIХ century);
- Ancient apartment houses (ХIХ- the beginning of XX c);
- An ancient Bath (ХIХ century).
3. The ancient Mausoleum (1902) in Bulagotagy settlement in Agdash region.
4. The rests of a medieval fortress “Surkhay Galasy” (XVIII century) at top of Surkhaykhan mountain (647 m.) / mountain ridge Akhar-Bakhar.
5. A place of archeological excavations on a site of ancient settlement “Shekhergeh” (Middle Ages) in area of Turianchay settlement in Agdash region.
6. Small Hydrounit (a dam, HPS and a water reservuare) at Turianchay settlement on border of Agdash and Gabala regions.
7. Ecological excursion in riparian woodland on the left bank of Kura river:
a) Kotavan - Agzybir;
b) Piraza - Abad;
c) Eymur - Garadeyin; on border of Agdash and Berde regions.