Agjabedi district is allocated in the center of country, at Kura-Araz terrian, on the right Kura riverbank. Climate in the area is hot, deserted and semi deserted. Mid annual temperature +14 C. On the territory of the area there is spread out Aggel state National park. Nearby Husulu, Boyat, Gishalti, Hindarkh village there are exist burial mounds of the Bronze Age. In Agjabedi the famous composer Uzeyir Hajibeyov was born. In Kahrizli village there are allocated museum - house Khamida khanum - spouses of the well-known drama writer Jalil Mammedguluzadeh.
|Agjebedi region(13 excurion routes)|
1. A sightseeing tour (1-2 hours) in Agjebedi, with visiting the of local lore museum
2. An old mosque (beginning XX century) in the city of Agjebedi
3. Eco-ornithological excursion in the reserve Agjebedi located to the east from the city
4. Places of archeologic researches in area of Boyat settlement in Agjebedi region:
- A barrow “Gyshaltytepe” (the period of bronze);
- A barrow “Goshatepe” (the period of bronze);
- A barrow and settling “Gebirstanlygtepe” (eneolith, the period of bronze);
- A barrow “Galygtepe” (the period of bronze);
- Ancient settlement “Solakhaytepe” (the period of bronze – the Middle Ages);
- The rests of ruins of “Boyat Gala” fortress (eneolith, the period of bronze);
- A barrow “Khanlygtepe” and ancient settlement (eneolith);
- A barrow “Gonshutepe” (the period of bronze);
- Ancient settlement “Kichik” (eneolith);
- Ancient settlement “Teyretepe” (eneolith);
- A place of ancient settlement (the Middle Ages)
5. Barrows “Uchtepe” and “Shakhtepe” (the period of bronze) in Agjebedi region.
6. Ancient burial place “Gultepe” (the period of bronze)
7. Ancient settlements “Charykhly” and “Sarybashtepe” (the Middle Ages).
8. Places of archeological excavations on ancient settlements (V-II millenia B.C.) at Tezekend and Renberler settlements in Agjebedi region.
9. A necropolis with ancient pitcher burial places (the antique period - early the Middle Ages).
10. The big ancient cemetery (Middle Ages) in territory of Khajylar settlement in Agjebedi region.
11. Medieval settlement “Khymyly tepeleri” on northern part of Imamgulubeyli settlement in Agjebedi region.
12. Medieval settlement “Amirakhmad” in Kebirli settlement on border of Agjebedi and Beylagan regions.
13. A lot of objects taken on the account, as perspective places of historical-archeologic researches and tourist-excursion actions in Mil-Garabakh steppe in territory of Beylagan and Agjebedi regions.